Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and décor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
As a member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
The Financial Analyst for kate spade new york brand Global Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will play a critical role in assisting with the financial planning and business analysis for the Kate Spade brand. As part of the FP&A team, this role will help to drive our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis. This role has the unique visibility across the entire brand and serves as a key liaison within the brand and with the Tapestry Corporate team. This position is responsible for supporting corporate reporting requirements, consolidating and analyzing month end results variance analysis, managing the consolidated monthly and quarterly forecast, annual operating plan and long range planning process and special projects. This role will provide finance support to senior management through internal financial presentations, and thoughtful analysis and insight into business trends.
• Prepare consolidated company forecasts and budgets, track them against actual performance to deliver insight to be used by the CFO and upper management
• Interact with internal finance partners at multiple levels to understand business drivers of monthly variance
• Develop and report accurate and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarter and annual reviews
• Develop ad hoc business analysis to provide insight to business leaders
• Prepare monthly financial presentations, including work to be provided for corporate submission and presented to company executives
• Compile backup documentation and detailed bridges to help influence decision making and inform leadership of underlying trends
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators to help identify potential risks or opportunities to the company forecast
• Establish strong financial partnerships across the business and provide analytical support to drive business initiatives and achieve financial targets
• Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
• Articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
• Serve as a key liaison between internal global brand finance partners, accounting partners and corporate partners
• Participate in special projects and initiatives
• Highly detail oriented, motivated self-starter with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business partner relationships at all levels within the organization
• Strong business acumen and know that problem-solving goes beyond numbers. Ability to think through multiple scenarios and apply strategic judgment to projects
• Proficient in excel, word and powerpoint; essbase, hyperion planning and jde knowledge is a plus
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
• 1-3 years of finance or related experience
• Consumer products / retail experience a plus
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran